Bridges Public Charter School Parent Teacher Organization
The Bridges PTO's mission is to strengthen, enhance and encourage the educational and social environment of Bridges Public Charter School and to promote open communication and understanding between families and Bridges administration and staff. The PTO is an all-volunteer organization. All Bridges families, teachers and staff members are automatically members of the PTO and are encouraged to participate in PTO activities throughout the year, even if unable to attend monthly meetings.
Schedule of Meetings & Events
The Bridges PTO meets monthly and all families, teachers and staff are welcome. Spanish Interpretation can be provided for these meetings as requested.
- PTO Meeting, Wednesday, October 4, 6:00 p.m. - Multi-Purpose Room (west-side)
- PTO Meeting, Thursday, November 2, 8:45 a.m. - Multi-Purpose Room (west-side)
- PTO Meeting, Tuesday, December 5, 8:45 a.m. - Multi-Purpose Room (west-side)
- PTO Meeting, Thursday, January 4, 6:00 p.m. - Multi-Purpose Room (west-side)
- PTO Meeting, Wednesday, February 7, 8:45 a.m. - Multi-Purpose Room (west-side)
- PTO Meeting, Tuesday, March 6, 8:45 a.m. - Multi-Purpose Room (west-side)
- PTO Meeting, Wednesday, April 4, 6:00 p.m. - Multi-Purpose Room (west-side)
- PTO Meeting, Tuesday, May 1, 8:45 a.m. - Multi-Purpose Room (west-side)
- PTO Meeting, Wednesday, June 6, 8:45 a.m. - Multi-Purpose Room (west-side)
The PTO has four officers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Officers are elected on a yearly basis.
2017- 2018 PTO Officers
President, Jamie Boese, email@example.com
Vice President, Marianne Thomson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Jennifer Driscoll, email@example.com
Treasurer, Kate Topping, firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the PTO or to be added to the listserv, please email the PTO at email@example.com.
Dates for the following events later this year will be posted soon!
- Picture Day
Picture Days were held on Wednesday, October 11 (Prek-1st grades) and Thursday, October 12 (2nd-5th grades). School pictures were taken by Imagine Photography this year.
- Family Pizza & Movie Day
Our first Family Pizza & Movie Day of the school year was held on Saturday, December 18 from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Bridges Toy, Clothing, and Book Swap
The Bridges Toy, Clothing, and Book Swap will be held on Friday, January 19 and Saturday, January 20, 2018. Please set aside your clean, gently used toys, children's clothing and children's books. All families are invited to contribute and/or come "shop" for these items during this fun event!
- Winter Dance Party
The Winter Dance Party will take place in February 2018.
AtoZ Mobile Directory
The PTO maintains a mobile school directory of Bridges families, which includes an up-to-date calendar of school and PTO events. Participation in the directory is optional and access is limited to the Bridges community. To access the directory (and to learn how to access it from your mobile device) click here:
Bridges PCS Families Google Group
All Bridges families are invited to join the Bridges PCS Families Google Group. The Google Group is a great way to communicate with other families and stay updated about school events. Please be aware that the administration does not follow this group. If you have questions for members of the administration, you should contact them directly. To join, go to https://googlegroups.com, search for "Bridges PCS Families," and click on "Subscribe to this group." Your request to join should be approved within a few days.